New Zealand provides a range of visa options for partners and children


If you’re applying for a New Zealand visa based in your relationship, you and your partner might want to meet certain criteria.

Your partnership needs to be genuine and stable.

You have to be living together with your partner.

You should meet health and character requirements.

You must have the assist of your partner.

Your partner have to be eligible to support your application.

Check the precise requirements for your scenario as they fluctuate for temporary and resident visas.

If you’re an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you also may be able to sponsor a associate’s visa. Nonetheless, you’ll need to prove that New Zealand is your major place of residence earlier than you possibly can help the application.

You also needs to consider all visa options for coming to New Zealand, as some are eligible for more services than others.

Momentary visas

You possibly can apply for a temporary work or customer visa to be together with your companion in New Zealand in case you each meet the criteria.

If your application is dependent on your accomplice’s non permanent visa, your visa will only be legitimate for a similar time interval as theirs.

In case your companion is a New Zealand citizen or resident you can apply for a work or customer visa of between 12- 24 months duration, depending on the size of the relationship.

Resident visas

You will be included as a secondary applicant in your companion’s application beneath most resident visa classes, together with under the Skilled Migrant Category or Residence from Work. There may be an English language requirement for these applications.

It’s also possible to apply for a resident visa if you’re in a relationship with a New Zealand citizen or resident, below the Family Partnership category.


Your dependent children can apply to affix you in New Zealand. The Immigration New Zealand website defines when a child is considered dependent.

Non permanent visa

Your dependent children can apply for student or visitor visas to be with you in New Zealand.

School-aged dependent children need a student visa to be able to attend major, intermediate or secondary schools. Children younger than school age can apply for a customer visa. A student visa isn’t wanted and will not be granted to attend pre-school in New Zealand.

Resident visa

Your dependent children might be included as secondary applicants in your residence application.

In the event you’re already a New Zealand citizen or resident, your children can apply beneath the dependent child category. In the event that they’re over sixteen, they could want to fulfill English language requirements.

If you cherished this article and you would like to receive more facts about Received a letter from Immigration Officer PPI New Zealand kindly take a look at our own web page.